Friday 9 January 2015

Belated New Year Greetings



After a difficult end to 2014 I had some hope that 2015 would be kinder. So far, not much has changed. I have been battling with health issues for some time now and it is wearing. I bury myself in  work and try to ignore the niggling little issues but sometimes it overwhelms me. Not that I am suffering with anything dreadful, just a troublesome thyroid condition but I have never dealt with illness very well. My new year's resolution is to beat this thing, keep it holed up in the corner and get on with my life.

Progress on A Song of Sixpence is going well. Second draft complete, it has been through the hands of several beta readers and I am now tidying it up before sending it off for a proper edit. All being well it should be on the shelves by the end of March.

When I write I am always aware that most of the characters in my books were real people. I owe them some respect. That is why I study each person in turn and, although it is fiction I am producing, I try never to demonise or belittle, or trivialise their thoughts and actions. 

I am about to embark on a series of blogs about the characters you will meet within the pages. Elizabeth of York, her husband King Henry VII, the character we know as Perkin Warbeck. I may even get to grips with the king's mother, Margaret Beaufort. Henry VIII turns up too, as a small boy. I wrote a blog about him for Layered Pages last year that concentrates on the young Henry as opposed to the man he became. You can read it here, if you haven't all ready. http://layeredpages.com/2014/07/17/my-guest-author-judith-arnopp/
If there is anyone in Elizabeth of York's story that you'd like me to cover, just mention it in the comments and I will do my best.

So, again I apologise for not being around too much lately. Be assured I am still working hard, I am just finding things a bit difficult just now. I am so very grateful for all your support; you allow me to earn a living doing the thing I love. Thank you and may you all have a fabulous New Year in which all your dreams come true.

Watch this space.

Below are links to the kindle versions of my novels but all are available in paperback. For more information and historical articles visit my webpage: www.juditharnopp.com


Buy The Winchester Goose










Buy Intractable Heart










Buy The Kiss of the Concubine









Buy The Forest Dwellers










Buy The Song of Heledd










Buy Peaceweaver

No comments:

Post a Comment